Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn money from qualifying purchases made using the advertising links on this page.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

6 (too?) expensive things I'd love to bring on my next trip

You can't always get what you want, not even when it's really cool, useful and good-looking. Here are five things I'd love to bring on my upcoming travels with my kids, but probably won't.

Samsonite Black Label Cosmolite 27" Spinner Upright Luggage "Black"Samsonite Black Label Cosmolite 32" Spinner Upright Luggage - Silver


1. Samsonite Black Label Cosmolite Spinner Upright Luggage
I love Samsonite. Mainly because my own Samsonite luggage has proven to be durable and faithful travel companions. These newer products would surely look fab as I lumber through the airport with my kids in tow. And because the cases are so light, I could pack more stuff without worrying about going over the weight-limit.

Canon PowerShot D10 12.1 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCDSealife 12 Megapixel 5X Optical Zoom and 3-Inch LCD screen Underwater/Land Camera

2. An underwater camera
I'd love to bring one of these underwater with me on my next snorkeling trip, and would also love to bring it into the waves to take pictures of the kids playing in the ocean. And the next time I'm on Maui, I'd get some nice close-ups of the turtles I'd be swimming with too.

Garmin GTU 10 GPS Tracking Unit

3. A Garmin GTU 10 GPS Tracking unit
With one of these inside my luggage, I might still lose a bag, but I'd be able to tell the airline exactly where in Ulan Bator (or Heathrow...) it was located. From the company's own description:
  • The GTU 10 is small, lightweight and waterproof. It easily attaches to a backpack, pet collar or whatever is important to you.
  • When you purchase a new GTU 10, it comes with 1 year of Standard Tracking (coverage dependent on GSM wireless service within the U.S.), so you'll be ready to go once you register and activate it in your Garmin account.
  • Then, you can view the location of your GTU 10 on a map from the friendly confines of your computer. For an added level of convenience, you can download the free Garmin Tracker app for your mobile device to compare your current location to the direction and location of your GTU 10. For the ability to automatically route to your GTU 10, you can use a Garmin nüLink! device.
Sony HDR-XR350V 160GB High Definition HDD Handycam CamcorderPanasonic HDC-TM55K Hi-Def Camcorder with 8GB Flash Memory & 35X Intelligent Zoom (Black)

4. A high-definition Camcorder
I know this would only add more bytes to my expansive online library of images and movies, but it sure would be a fun thing to tote along on my travels. And then of course, I could subject friends and family to hours of footage of my kids on our wide-screen TV once we got home.
Vasque Women's Breeze GTX Hiking Boot,Olive/Sage,8 M USColumbia Sportswear Women's BL3623 Gorgeous Mid Omni-Tech Hiking Boot,Grill/Hydrangea,10 M US

5. Some really nice new hiking boots
My whole family, kids and adults, love hiking. My old hiking boots need a serious upgrade, and I'd want something lightweight, non-ugly, and durable. This is an item I might actually really end up buying for myself this spring.


Coolibar UPF 50+ Women's A-Line Henley - Sun ProtectiveColumbia Women's Timeless Travel 3/4 Sleeve Dress
6. A whole new travel wardrobe
I'm not a big clothes shopper, but if I could really go to town, I'd get a whole pile of clothes that were functional and comfortable for travel: sun-protective, easy-wash, no-wrinkle, comfy-wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...