Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn money from qualifying purchases made using the advertising links on this page.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Traveling with kids: 5 travel products I'm considering

I'm getting the shopping-itch thinking about my trip to Sweden later this summer. Maybe a new suitcase? Especially since a wheel popped off my 25-year old Samsonite on our last trip... Once you start looking, there are lots of cool travel gear out there that could be useful.

Humangear GoToob 3 Ounce (3 pack) Travel Bottle, Clear/Blue/Green, Large (3 oz)

1. GoToobs
I love these things. The silicone bottle, the no-drip valve, the ID window where you can show whether it contains soap or shampoo or something else... Just awesome. I need a set or two.


Sand-Off! Powder-Infused Mitt Beach Towel for All-natural Sand Removal2. Sand-Off mitt
I was alerted to the existance of this product after writing about beaches here on the blog, mentioning the bother with removing sand from kids' legs.

I haven't tried it yet, but it does sound like a great idea, removing sand easily with the help of this mitt infused with baby powder.


 Star Kids Products Air Play Travel Tray, GreenCreate A Scene Magnetic Airport Play Set Toy

3. Some new on-board toys
Though my kids are too big for it, I love the look of Star Kids' Air Play Travel Tray. Nice and compact with several activities for little ones: I might get it for my niece! And the Create A Scene Magnetic Airport Play Set Toy looks like fun for air-travel as well.


CARES Child Aviation Restraint System4. CARES child aviation restraint system
This looks like much safer restraint system than using the regular on-board seatbelts for little kids.

Not sure I'd spend the money on it now when my kids are a bit older (and bigger), but if they were still 2-3 years old, I'd definitely consider it. It just sounds so darned practical and safe:
"CARES is an elegantly designed belt and buckle device for kids 22-44 pounds  that is easy to use and creates a safe airplane seat for your child without the hassle of carrying a 20 pound car seat.

CARES weighs just 1 pound and fits into a 6" stuff sack!  It is simple to install, adjustable to virtually any size airplane seat, and keeps your child as safe as a car seat would."


Balanzza Digital Luggage Scale 100lb 44kg BZ200Compact Luggage Scale with Tape Measue Tool Baggage Airport Charge

5. A portable luggage scale
A Compact Luggage Scale or a Digital Luggage Scale would be a great help when I'm packing for a trip, and wondering which bag I should stuff the gum boots in and which one I should take stuff out of so as not to be over the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...