Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn money from qualifying purchases made using the advertising links on this page.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Traveling with my kids: 10 beaches I'd love to visit

My family loves beach-time. Whether it's in Maui, here in B.C., or even in Sweden, we always enjoy hanging out at the water's edge. Of course, there are lots and lots of gorgeous beaches around the world, and here (in no particular order) are 10  beaches that I'd love to explore with my kids.


1. Whitehaven Beach, Queensland, Australia
I'd love to go here because the photos I've seen show a magnificent, long stretch of white sand and turquoise water. Also, going here would mean we were visiting Australia, and that is something I'd love to do with my kids.


2. Anse Source d'Argent, La Digue, Seychelles
Great snorkelling, white sand, crystal clear water, all far away from the rest of the world. A beach-dream come true.


3. Matira Beach, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
What can I say? I'm a sucker for turquoise waters and white sand. Safe swimming and easy snorkelling also sounds extremely appealing!


4. Plaka Beach, Naxos, Greece
It's been far too long since I was in Greece, and this beach makes me ache to go there again.


5. Outer Banks, North Carolina, USA
Sand dunes, light houses, ocean, hiking, wild horses, and "wild and natural beaches". Yes, this is definitely a place for my family.


6. Siesta Key, Florida, USA
One of the features mentioned in the online articles about this beach is that it's a great place for finding seashells. Which means my kids would fall in love with this place.


7. Khao Lak, Thailand
Snorkelling, scuba diving, and 12 km of beach? Sounds good to me.


8. Pink Sands Beach, Bahamas
I've never been to the Caribbean, and I feel this is definitely something I need to remedy. This beach looks amazing in photos and sounds very appealing in the write-ups I've read.


9. Playa Samara, Costa Rica
Sand, ocean, fishing, jungle, and coral. A winning combination in my mind.


10. Lamu, Kenya
This island off the Kenyan coast sounds amazing. And if I could combine a visit here with a safari, it would be a definite dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...