Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn money from qualifying purchases made using the advertising links on this page.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day & thank you to those who call me mom

10 years ago I wasn't a mom. That feels like a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, and it kind of is. I was different then, my life was different, and my body even looked different.
My travel companions.
Having kids doesn't make you a better or worse person, but it definitely changes you in ways you can't really be prepared for before it happens. It also teaches you a lot of things.
  • I've learned a lot about myself, about parenting, about sleepless nights and ear infections, about rashes and skinned knees, about kids' movies and crushed cheerios. 
  • I've learned about the importance of planning, the importance of un-planning, and how completely impossible it is to plan for everything: life has a way of surprising you right when you think you have it all figured out. 
  • I've also learned a lot about patience (my own, my kids', and the limits of that patience), and I've learned a lot about these two human beings I gave birth to as well, though I'm nowhere near fully taught.
I am so grateful to the two blessings - terrors - blessings - banshees - storytellers - mess-makers - travel companions - kids that call me mom. They are fabulous people, who often drive me crazy, regularly exhaust me, but also make me laugh and feel immense happiness. It is a privilege to be their mom and see the world through their eyes.

Mom & me.
Also, a big hug and lots of love to my own mother (see you this summer!), and to my grandmothers, who are no longer here, but who are always in my thoughts.

Without my kids, this blog would not exist. So, here are 3 posts all about my children:


Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...