Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn money from qualifying purchases made using the advertising links on this page.

Monday, May 28, 2012

On the beach with my kids

Centennial Beach, Tsawwassen.
I know I go on and on about how great it is to spend time outdoors with my kids, and how much we love the beach, but I do it for a reason. I do it because there are few things in this world that are as enjoyable as spending a day outside, by the water, with my kids.

In the shallows.
A recent outing took us to Centennial Beach in Tsawwassen, one of our favorite places. The weather felt like summer, even though it's May, the tide was waaaaay out, and we walked out on the sandy flats and looked at the ocean critters, the birds, the water, and the gorgeous view.

Sand-dollars.

My daughter hunted for sand-dollars, we waded in shallow waters, we picked up rocks and shells, we walked barefoot in the wet sand. We saw barnacles growing on dead crabs, cracked clam shells, swaying seaweed, and felt the sand between our toes.

Beautiful beach-combing treasures.
It was warm, the sun was shining, Mount Baker looked majestic in the background, my kids were having fun, and they were exploring the world around them with all their senses. Few things can beat that kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...