Here are 5 things I always bring to the beach, to make a good time even better:
- Sunscreen - to reapply after sweating and swimming. The spray ones are nice because they eliminate the "rubbing into skin" step.
- Water - When it's hot and kids are playing, a bottle of water always comes in handy.
- Bandaids - Because you never know when someone will skin their knee!
- Hand-sanitizer - Always nice to have on hand before you have a snack or an ice-cream.
- Buckets - For the beach-treasures: rocks, sticks, shells.